2021 Colorado Wing Encampment is cancelled.
MEMORANDUM FOR COWG
SUBJECT: 2021 Encampment Announcement
1. I regret to inform you that I have had to make the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 COWG Summer encampment due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to face a number of challenges we are just not able to overcome in time to execute the encampment in early June.
2. With the cancellation of encampment, all fees will be refunded as quickly as possible. Credit card refunds are processed electronically with credit back to the credit card account used to make the encampment payment. Checks will be returned and money orders refunds require issuing a refund check. Refunds may take up to 30 days to process due to the volume of applications and financial transactions expected during the application time interval.
3. I understand how critical encampment is to a cadets’ CAP career. Wings who have encampments later in the summer are still moving forward and I encourage all cadets that need encampment to apply to an out of state encampment. The link to other encampments is: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/activities/encampment
4. Additionally, in order to offer an in-state encampment opportunity, COWG will be moving forward with plans for Type B encampment which will be hosted at the group level. These encampments provide much more flexibility, with planned dates mid to late summer in the hope COWG will be in Phase 3.
5. There is light at the end of the tunnel of this pandemic. Your wing staff is working diligently to come up with solutions for cadets who need encampments. Stay motivated and keep working hard to progress in the cadet program so you will be ready to be on staff for next year’s Type A encampment. Please direct any questions through your chain of command.
JOHN RHOADES, Col, CAP
Commander, Colorado Wing