Always prepared, both in the air and on the ground, members of the Civil Air Patrol perform emergency services for state and local agencies as well as the federal government as the civilian auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force and for states/local communities as a nonprofit organization. Ever vigilant, these true patriots make a difference in their communities, not only to assist in times of disaster but also to search for the lost and protect the homeland.
Colorado units are always looking for volunteer resources to fill important needs:
- Pilots - We train and qualify pilots to perform a variety of mission profiles.
- Photographers - Aerial Photography is one of our key mission profiles.
- Ground Teams - Both Senior and Cadet Members support our ground search program.
- Communications - Interested in HF, Repeaters, etc. We have a large communications network supporting the State of Colorado.
- Mission Base Staff - We operate several distributed Incident Command Posts