Are you between the ages of 12 through 18?
Need a place where you can 'belong'?
Maybe something worthwhile and fun at the same time?
We may have a place for you.
The Colorado Wing of the Civil Air Patrol has very active Cadet squadrons (groups) all over the state of Colorado. Squadrons are a place where you can have fun, learn about many topics and 'belong' in a safe environment. In a squadron, you will learn about yourself, your abilities, your interests and have the opportunity to develop in these areas. You may even develop some self-discipline. Maybe.
So, what's in it for you? We have a lot to do with aviation, but there's other stuff to do as well.
- Hang out with others who have common interests.
- Learning opportunities (airplanes, gliders, computers, rockets, sUAS (drones), communications, teamwork--the list could go on.
- And no, even though we are under the umbrella of the U.S. Air Force--they help us a LOT! (but then, we help them a lot too)--you have no obligation to join the USAF or any other branch of the military.
- Although you CAN join the USAF, and if you complete a certain level while a cadet, you can join any military branch at a higher grade that other recruits.
- If you participate, you will learn skills that will last the rest of your life, and place you well ahead of others.
- You get to wear the USAF uniforms (with CAP variations of course).
- Summer encampment (this may be the best part).
Check us out by looking at the other cadet activities (on the left panel).
You might find something that you may want to investigate further.